Great start to the season for my daughter. We started with a crossbow and hunted one day morning and evening with no success. THE Next weekend a buddy from work invited us down to hunt at his place. We had deer in the field with Ann hour of sitting down. She was able to connect with one at 20 yards. IT Made it about 50 yards on its death run.

Fast forward a couple Saturday now it's opening day youth season. We had a ruger American compact that's taken my nephews first deer as well as my nieces first deer chamber in 223.
Didn't take long and "SuperStar" decided we needed to move to the shoothouse I tried to get her to go to. As we was walking to stand we saw two deer not more than 60 yards from the shoothouse. She was able to connect at 205 yards off my backpack and had her first deer with rifle. It was a decent 7 point and I'll have to say there wasn't two tickled folks. I just don't know who was prouder.
She has practiced a lot and will say has handled it all very.
Now I guess I'll brag alittle and say a turkey at 5 and a deer with crossbow and rifle at 6 there a proud Papa around.
Will get buddy to post a couple pictures

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten