It's a very complicated subject, there were early barrels to fit the pre-1926 barrel rifles with the lightweight barrel (see first pic) in 22" and 24" lengths. The one in the first pic is 24" and came with a 300 Savage combination set that was forwarded to the shipping department and shipped to the retail store in 1923. It doesn't have a barrel address, only the 410 marking.
There were also 26" rifle weight barrels that could fit the 1899A takedown rifles and the 99B rifles produced from about 1921 to about 1926. The 410 barrels were all full thread. I have seen one or two on the earlier interrupted thread 1899's. The barrel address of the one I have is shown in the second pic. The third pic is the 410 marking on the rifle weight barrel. Starting about 1926 when the medium weight barrels replaced the lightweight and rifle weight barrels a medium weight 410 barrel was introduced. I don't have one but if anyone has one they would let go cheap I would be interested.
Savage changed the barrel addresses on the 99's frequently during the mid to late 1920's. I would imagine 410 barrels produced during this period would reflect these changes. But with Savage never say never.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by wyo1895; 11/09/21.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]