Just got back from our elk hunt and had a couple nights of some serious weather. I've hunted out of our wall tents for probably close to twenty years now and we've dealt with just about every kind of weather imaginable but this last week was about the worst I've ever dealt with. We had sustained wind storms of steady 20-30 mile per hour winds and gusts of 55-65 mph over and over for at least a 12 hour period two nights out of six at our camp spot. No sleep at all those nights as it felt like the tent was going to blow away and down the canyon many times. Along with the snow and snow mixed with rain, the wind was so strong it actually pulled out most of the stakes we had been able to get down into the rocky soil and move the large logs we had put down to tie down to for extra stabilization. We have metal frames for the tents and when lit up at night you could see the frame flexing quite a bit when the gusts hit the tent... Even knocked our stove pipe off one night. I've been in windstorms before with our tents but these two were unnerving and it was difficult to hunt those days with an almost total lack of sleep from the night before.. trees were falling around us, our crapper tent blew over and bent the frame and our throne blew a few feet across a meadow... as dawn broke the wind died down like it never happened...

We were probably lucky nothing serious happened to us or our tents, but it was touch and go for a bit there... anyone else have storm stories in your tents?

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.