Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
Well, I wanted to get enough time behind the Super Hogster to really get a feel for how it compared in field use. I haven’t done any videoing or taken pics yet, as I’m just not used to having that on the issue 640 devices I’d been running.

From my use:

New users and some users of older 640 devices with 19um, weaker viewer resolution and processors will likely not be able to tell they’re using a 384 device…at least at the native magnification. I’m used to manual nuc when I need it, so the auto nuc sometimes bugs me with how often it is, but you can turn that off and go pure manual. I’m used to a larger FOV, but less native magnification, so I’ve had to adjust to that a bit. Those are not really negatives, just differences in specs. For hunting, I am giving up ZERO in performance or effectiveness vs the 1x 640s I’m used to, and can probably ID animal species (especially smaller varmints) and make shots much farther, due to the magnification and PIP, coupled with the 12um and additional viewing modes…..in most conditions. I do see a slightly noticeable degradation in fog and rain vs a 640 with a similar objective for the sensor, but not nearly as much as other 384s I’ve gotten behind. A yoter is DEFINITELY on my wish list, because it’ll have to be crazy good, too. Do 90% of night hunters need more than a Super Hogster gives them? Doubtful. This thing is a helluva lot of performance for the $. Headshots on rats past 50 yards are no problem. Center mass on coyotes at 300 is on the shooter, not the device. Just my take this far.

That's been pretty much my experience as well. Good review!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!