Originally Posted by Castle_Rock

Prolly time for a reality check here, this question hasn’t been answered

No it’s been answered bedding or machining problem. If in his situation it does it on the first shot clean or fouled I myself wouldn’t put up with it. Now like my 25.06 it’s been pillared and properly bedded. Still a cold clean barrel will put the first shot low left about an inch every time. Fouled and cold no problem so in my case there is just that one little quirk. Is it worth rebarreling? Some might but not to me. It’s a hunting rifle that’s taken 17 deer and an antelope in the fifteen years I’ve had it. Never in 40 years have I taken a clean unfired weapon hunting so it’s a quirk I can work around. Rabbit hole I don’t need.

Speaking of rabbit holes, I went down one for 4 years with a No.1V. That thing just wouldn’t quit throwing shots. Had my gunsmith put a Hicks device on it, bedded the hanger and Hicks plus the radius of the forearm where it met up with the action. Still would chuck shots for no real reason so that thing languished till I was ready to rebarrel it. Decided I needed aggravation so I went out and shot it, man for some reason it started grouping like a 22.250 should, reason was I took the forearm stop off my rest. Put the stop back on it would chuck shots, take it back off and it wouldn’t. Why, don’t know and don’t care as it’s a quirk I can live with.

Swifty