I keep a reserve for AR's and handguns.

For hunting rifles it varies.

Several .223AI's, 6.5 CM's, and .308's that I both shoot and hunt a lot I'll try to load 200-300 rounds at a time. I'm bad about running through the ammo when I start shooting so I try to keep 20-30 in a zip lock separate so I don't end up having to reload when time is tight during hunting season. More than once I've come back from shooting with nothing but empty brass when that wasn't the plan....the zip lock hold back is nice to have.

For a .358 Win I often hunt with but rarely spend time shooting I'll only load 50 or so rounds and that will last a long time. A couple of weeks ago I had 11 rounds, checked zero with 2, went hunting with 9, 1 shot to kill a buck....now I'm at 8, still enough to hunt with. No rush to reload for it....I might have an extra rifle or two.

Someone else mentioned this and I'm with them on generic loads. With the 6.5 CM's and .308's I shoot generic loads. I may be leaving a little velocity and tiny precision on the table but if it's under MOA with 3 rifles and is killing stuff well the extra hassle of individual loads isn't worth it to me.