Originally Posted by KFWA
I haven't watched the interview but I'm going by what Barnes has said about the situation - so I don't know what they said about Wood in the interview.

From what I've heard it wasn't Lin Wood, it was Lin Wood's security guy Hancock, who brought Rittenhouse to the attention of Lin Wood. Hancock and Woods had a falling out after he got involved because Hancock has been causing problems for Lin Wood in other areas of his business. Hancock is a former Navy Seal who has gone into private security work claiming alot of off the books type work for the government.

Wood works to get the $2m in bail money but Hancock decides that he needs to be more involved, and Kyle's family more or less agrees with it because he is presenting himself as the guy taking care of the family - paying bills .,etc . Hancock positions himself as the go between the Rittenhouse family, Wood and as a spokesman for the family.

I"m not sure when or how Wood leaves the situation, and they also get rid of Barnes when he objects to who else they are going to bring in. Its Hancock who decides a camera crew should film a documentary on Rittenhouse, and you heard Richards, Kyles lawyer ,say he wasn't able to defend Kyle the way he wanted because everything had to go thru Hancock.

Part of the reason Lin Wood is being vilified is because of him wanting the bail money, but Barnes is saying its because he doesn't trust Hancock around the family to manage the money. He (Barnes) believes that Wood would turn the money directly over to Kyle's family once Hancock is out of the picture.

The reason Kyle was on Tucker Carlson's show is because Hancock cut a deal with Fox News to give them access to Kyle during the trial and they would support Kyle behind the scenes with the idea they would get exclusive access to Kyle afterwards. That in itself isn't bad but limiting the defense lawyers input go give Fox access doesn't make it appear like you are putting the interest of Kyle first.

Immediately after the trial , during the interview at the courthouse with Richards, he tells the media that Kyle needs to distance himself from people advising him which was a direct shot at Hancock.

Thanks, saves me from having to suffer through tucker Carlson.
Sounds like the kids lucky it all worked out.