I pretty much think "all" 6.5 bullet technology could have stopped when they they made that 120 NBT in 6.5! ha I used it at 3200fps with a case full of H4350 in the 6.5/284 Winchester wildcat. It was like a lightning bolt on antelope and deer! The rifle started out as a .260 Remington I had cobbled together ( with plans on making it a 6.5/284 later) on an imprompto, unplanned exotic hunt. ( '99) I used the Hornady 129sp, right around 2900fps. I did manage to kill a nice Axis buck and a Mouflon Ram. Both ran at the shot a long ways and had to be shot a 2nd time, I hit them mid-lungs the first shot too! Had to be a tough Lot# as wound channel was pretty small, so,to me, I wasn't impressed. After it was a Wildcat, using tough 284 winchester cases, It loved that 120NBT pushed hard! Now, even at 2900, I bet if I had loaded that .260 with the 120NBT, I would not have been disappointed! But it would have ruined my Wildcat Plans! ha That would be the FIRST bullet I would tell anyone to try in the 6.5 Creedmore! Have a ball friend!

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 11/25/21.