I took a new to me Tikka T3 Superlight to the range to being load development today. The Tikka has upgrades such as the steel recoil lug, steel bottom metal and steel bolt shroud. I was usoing factory ammo and the firepin was not striking the primer. Everything felt good through the trigger, there was a solid click when the trigger broke, but no ignition. I tried 3 times, and then looked at the cartridge and there was not a firing pin strike all. Things looked normal with the bolt. I did notice that bolt does not close all the way now. Maybe it didnt before. When you rotate the bolt to closed, it stops at about 4:00 instead of turning all the way to 5:00. The first thing I am going to do is take the bolt down and make sure it is free of packing / shipping grease inside the bolt etc. It was 40 degrees out and I suppose that could stiffen things up some.

Anybody have thoughts on why the bolt doesnt rotate completely to close and the bolt handle is sticking a bit? My wife took the truck (with the gun inside of it) to some state land to take the dogs for a walk or else I would have a better description and maybe have it figured out by now.

Love to hear some thoughts.