Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
As mentioned on another thread, I'm trying to pick up a Standard Arms Model M pump gun in 30 Remington. The owner and I haven't come to an agreement on price but he doesn't seem as firm as he once was.

Another possibility is an Arisaka Type 38 I found out about this afternoon. If I am reading the marks correctly, it was made in 1909. I'll be looking at that one tomorrow.

Otherwise, I have a 98 Mauser I want rebarreled to 6mm Rem. I currently have a 6mm already but it has a 1:12" twist and it does not like to shoot any 100 gr bullets other than Rem Core-Lokts. It will shoot Sierra Pro-Hunters decent enough but I have only one partial box of those. I figure a 1:8" twist will work well with the remaining 100 gr bullets I have on hand as well as with any heavier or unleaded bullets I might want to use.

Let me know if you get the .30rem. I have a set of dies in the shop somewhere. A friend had a 41 and I made a batch before he moved to AZ

Thanks for the offer but I have a couple sets of dies for the 30 Rem. I have been an "acquirer" of Remington Model 8/81 rifles for a few decades so have had to reload for them to keep shooting.

As an aside, in a pinch 30/30 dies work for the 30 Rem (and vice versa) though one needs to use the proper shell holder. Same can be said for 25/35 and 25 Rem as well as 32 Special and 32 Rem.