Originally Posted by pete53
very nice looking wood on these Ruger #1`s , but when i think custom hunting rifles i think match grade barrel , a good machinist that chambers rifles , a good trigger, handloads and a extremely good scope like Nightforce and few other brand scopes, a bedded forearm maybe even laminated wood and the Ruger #1 that will shoot better than a inch 5 shoot group at 100 yards. heck a even put a big ugly piece of black moleskin on forearm so its quiet when i put out on a rest. yes i have some safe queen Ruger # 1`s but for hunting i have a working meat gun Ruger #1.

My maple stocked 1B had a Krieger Barrel on it .
However if you go back and take a good look at my #3 custom built rifle by Greydog , you will see that there is nothing original on that rifle .
The barrel is a McGowan that was Chambered by him, and he milled it half round / octagon, with an integral sling swivel and the rib milled right into the barrel!
The trigger is a Kepplinger single set, the Springs are by Wolf, and the rail houses a Leupold 1.5-4x .
This is an extremely accurate and fast handling rifle with or without the scope on it, and the Zeiss QD rings make zero repeatable
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 11/29/21.

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!