Originally Posted by Cross
Update:

After trying 8 loads with the Mauser M18 and two different scopes (the latter a well proven old VXIII which provided identical results as the Meopta scope) the M18 is on its way back to either the dealer or the manufacturer). We really liked the rifle as far as weight features and “feel” but on its best day it would shoot 1 1/2 MOA with the very best loads and many were over 3 MOA with a few knocking on 5 MOA.

Action screws were torqued. Bases were bedded. I’m confident that it was the rifle’s issues and not optics, scope mounts, ammunition, or shooter error.

I’ll get back to you all when more is resolved.

Cross

Sorry for such a late response. The rifle was sent back to whomever it goes to as far as a Mauser rep in the US. The same rifle came back a few weeks later with an approximate 1 inch group saying that the rifle meets their accuracy guarantee claiming that the group had been shot with 165 Bergers. (They must have a special batch because I've never seen or heard of 7mm 165 Bergers and we've been unable to duplicate their results with 168 VLD hunters).

My buddy has been using the rifle to hunt with for the past 2 seasons and it does kill things but he is a bit limited due to the accuracy of his rifle.