Since bulk Remington 0.323" 185 CorLock bullets are no longer available I'm giving the Privi #B-128, 0.323 196gr soft point boolit a trial. Ordered some today which was kind of unusual as they were actually in stock!

The Remington 185 loaded to 2550 fps using 49 gr IMR4895 shot moa at 100 yard in my sported K98. Killed a nice buck, ~40 yard shot, took 13 steps and died. This old K98 has a very long tapering leade that keeps pressure spikes (I'm asserting this) gentle.

Though the long leade is not mentioned, reference Mike Venturino article HandLoader Mag. #318 February-March 2019. Mike has a good discussion for 8mm Mauser ammo, and a great load data table on page 37 where the Privi 198 FMJ boolit as well as 195-200 gr Hornady, Nosler, Speer, and Norma boolits were tested.

Using ballistic data from Privi web for their loaded ammo using this boolit I've extrapolated an approximate BC 0.36 for use in my ballistic calc app. Privi does not list a BC on their web.

I'll be starting the Privi trial with 48 gr IMR 4895. Goal is 2550 fps, and accuracy similar to the Remington. Then an expansion test with water jugs. Did the same water jug test with the Remington 185 and archived the recovered boolits. I did not recover the boolit used to kill Buck.

The Privi boolits are half the cost or better of Nosler, Hornady, and so forth.

GOA