Ditto. 4759 isn't bulky in the common use of the word, but it is lightweight per granule and as such it "bulks up" in the cartridge case fairly well. Its granules are bigger in diameter than, say, IMR powders but a lot shorter.

11.0 grains of the stuff sounds awfully light in a .30-06. I load anywhere from 16.0 to 25.0 grains in my cast bullet .30-06 loads, 150-190 grain bullets. (The sweet spot seems to be in the 18-20 grain range.) I can't speak to its utility/versatility for extremely light loads. I use around 15 grains in .30-30 cast loads. .32-40 Schuetzen cast loads see me using 12-14 grains 4759, but bear in mind those cases are a lot smaller than a .30-06 case. I pissed and moaned for months when I heard they were discontinuing the powder, and scarfed up all I could find back then - I hope I have enough to see me through to the end! Probably no better powder was ever offered for cast bullet reduced loads in CF rifles, IMO.

Edit to note that I never use wads or fillers with charges of 4759. I don't care to risk ringing a chamber due to their use. Accuracy is the same anyways. Its bulkiness, per se, is such that the modest charges take up enough room in an '06 case to assure decent powder disposition in the case for shot-to-shot consistency, unless of course if you're shooting down a steep hill.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 12/02/21.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty