I have a semi-Frankenstein 375 H&H, M70 New Haven Classic stainless.

A New Haven Classic 7mm Remington mag/ 338 Winchester/ 300 Winchester mag action, with the ejector blade shortened and magazine block removed; with a 375 H&H New Haven Classic stainless barrel fitted. Original cartridge unknown, I bought as is, without looking at the rifle closely. I certainly noticed when I went to install rear scope base.
Appears, through redneck tape measure use, there is about 1/4” more action opening on a factory 375 H&H New Haven Classic.

With that said, this rifle feeds 375 H&H factory loads fine. The only advantage that I can reach for with the 375 H&H factory action, is that extra 1/4” action opening gives a little more room for loading the magazine.

Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
Originally Posted by Riflecrank

Having known for years that all my unaltered .458 WinMags on the .30-06-length actions will eject unfired cartridges up to 3.54"
I never even thought about using a .30-06-length action with shortened ejector-bolt-stop and lengthened box
for a .458 WM+ and 3.6" COL.

Let me add to this, as I stated previously on the .458 thread that I converted a Model 70 .458 Super Grade to .416 Remington with the magazine changed out to accommodate longer cartridges by having a 95mm internal OAL capacity fitted and even those longer than factory spec cartridges loaded and ejected fine with no changes to the action opening whatsoever so, as Ron has stated, the .458/.30/06 action was left intact. It is not complicated and it is reliable, which is the main objective with dangerous game cartridges.

John

Last edited by ldmay375; 12/04/21.