Anyhoo.... maybe twenty five years ago when the Rilling Stones were in town they stayed at the Hilton Hotel Resort which was then the Far West Side. One of my students was a limo van driver for the hotel.

He drove Jagger, Richards et al. to a Cancun Restaurant for dinner. Keith Richards sat up front, lit my student a cigarette.

The kid just smoked it, to him, even back then, they were just a bunch of old guys grin

Further back, I was a grad teaching assistant at a certain world class university where they had a Corps of Cadets. One of my cadet students came in near terminally hung over from a weekend of partying. He said to me “Ya know, I would worry about all this but, look at Keith Richards, he’s still alive.” grin

Of all the popular musicians of that era, I would say Richards is the most iconic and best beloved.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744