Thanks Dwayne, but our weather, nice as it is, is not cooperating as far as ending the severe/extreme drought we are in. Supposedly we have a chance at a little moisture tomorrow, and then again later in the week, but we've been clear and sunny for well over a week now. Chilly at night, but gorgeous during the day. Good thing too, as I've still got some firewood out that needs to get in the shed.

Regarding your theory of reasonably priced food and some modicum of safety upon seeing LEOs or their cruisers in the vicinity, I would agree.

Unfortunately, there are still places that wish the world would operate on the Peace, Love, and Understanding principles desired by many in the late 60's-early 70's. Reality has set in with some of us from that generation.....................there are bad folks in this world and they're not going away, and they won't leave their weapons out in the car if they want a meal in your "weapon free" establishment.

I'm certainly glad our county is one of the "good" ones in issuing the required papers for carrying, and those are good in all California. Then again, in our county the officer on duty may be nearly an hour's drive away at any given time and our Sheriff understands that. It's not that way in the Bat Area though.

I wish those folks a happy, safe, and prosperous business, but advertising they don't want on duty police in there does not seem like a smart move to me.

Hoping you folks get all the moisture you need up there this winter too. But not an overabundance!

Have a great day up there.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?