Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by RalphBeagle
I bought a Makita a couple years ago. I think it's two 18 volt batteries. I have several other cordless makita tools (circular saw, drill, trimmer) and have had good luck with them. I've had no problems with the saw and really like carrying it in the truck for things like cutting down tress across logging roads and occasionally cutting of small amounts of firewood. For small jobs it works well and avoids the hassle of gas, oil, etc. I have to remember to charge the batteries about once a month or so, but I've never had the batteries go dead on me if they start out fully-charged and I had a big tree that took about 30 minutes to cut up this spring. Seems lighter than my Husqvarna (225? rancher?) but that could just be the balance. Oh the other hand I still carry my gas-powered Husqvarna for larger jobs and in case my batteries have gone dead.

Define big, dead tree

12” diameter
16” diameter
soft pine crap or some type hardwood?

Bunch of limbs or all rotted off.

Appreciate the feedback on this, in the process of making my decision betwen the makita and echo

'I have both the Makita 36 and the Echo 58V. The Makita is very light and handy but it doesn't have near as much torque as the Echo 58V.

I like both for different reasons. But for serious cutting the Echo is a lot more saw.

I've taken down several fairly significant trees with the Echo 58V. Keep a sharp chain on the Echo and it'll throw some chips.

Really appreciate that feedback and ++ on the .050 gauge bar at TS