Read two posts yesterday bitching about nobody building anything anymore. Well here’s what I’ve cobbled together the last couple weeks.

Benches made out of old bed frames for my mom and aunt. They’re thin like muffler tubing and suck to weld but with some 6013, a steady hand, and a string of cuss words you can get them stitched up if you have your machine set right. We bolted some old 1”x6” flooring across with carriage bolts for the seat. Farmhouse chic. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Mom and Dad bought a new place to build their retirement house the other day so I built them a ranch entry for their new driveway as a Christmas present. 2 7/8” frame arrow is 2” tubing and I cut the fletching, arrowhead, and S out of 1/4” and 3/8” I had in my metal pile. All freehand soapstone and torch work. Arrow is 9’ long and the gate is 14’ wide, probably make it 16’ tall when we set it and put a 4 rail pipe entry leading into it. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I painted the arrow but I’ll let mom decide what color she wants the rest of the pipe work to be and we’ll paint it after install.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Show us what you’ve made lately.