My Mon-Fri EDC has been some version of a G19 for several years. I've been carrying a Gen 5 MOS lately, just to see how well I like a red dot on a carry piece. However, I've noticed that I always shoot Sigs better than Glocks. I have a P365 XL that I shoot well and like a lot. I have a couple buddies who have P229's, and I always shoot them better than any of my Glocks--not tons better, but better. So...

I was at my LGS and saw a full-size P320 AXG LE. I qualify for the law enforcement program even though I'm not a LEO, so I was eligible to buy it. I liked how the gun fit my smaller hands (it's kind of like a G17 with the corners rounded off). The trigger was a lot like my P365 XL. I really liked the metal frame. I bought it. I sent the slide back to Sig for tall night sights. My LGS had a good deal on a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro to put on top. (The slide is milled for the DeltaPoint footprint, so it was either that or one of Sig's optics. I went with the DeltaPoint.) For a light, I decided on the 1000 lumen Streamlight TLR-1 HL. Then I ordered a holster that would accommodate my setup.

I got the slide back Tuesday and went to the range today. I zeroed the red dot at 25 feet and shot my first test group (pic below). It works. I also shot a few groups at 50 feet--I kept them in the black, but nothing photo-worthy. Hopefully it was due to me and not the gun.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My holster has to go back for additional fitting, because they cut it for a Trijicon, not a DPP. Oh well, they were cool about it and are paying the shipping. I could have taken my Dremel to it, but I figured I might as well get a finished edge on it rather than fix it myself and end up with something that looks like I fixed it myself.

I've been battling some pretty vicious bicep tendonitis in my elbow so I didn't do much more with it today. I'll test the iron sights in the morning when I go shoot with some of the guys. Maybe we'll kill the lights and fire up the weapon light too.

Anyhoo, after I fire a few more rounds through it and get the holster back, I'll start wearing it to work. It's heavy (46.4 oz all up), but it's just what I want for that trip through the courthouse parking lot twice a day. In the evenings and on weekends, I'll stick with the P365 XL in an IWB.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.