Originally Posted by pullit
Originally Posted by pacecars
A 1911 with several top ends.

Can you do that? What about the ejector? If this is correct, I could put a 9MM upper on a 45, correct?

You don't want to do that, because of the ejector (although I think Commander ejectors might work) but if you had a 9mm frame/slide, you can swap barrels to .38 Super (might have to tune the extractor a bit, but that'll work, I'm in the process of such a swapover right now, waiting on my Super barrel to come in), and you have to swap magazines. There might be some .30 Luger barrels for 1911s out there, if you can find them. You MIGHT even be able to do a .30 Tokarev using .38 Super magazines, but I'm not sure about that. You can, of course, swap out the ejectors if it comes to that, but you're better off NOT messing with the ejectors if you can avoid that.
I don't know if you can do much with a 10mm Colt, but a barrel change to .40 would work, or .357 SIG, if anyone is making them. The 9x25 is defunct, but could be done if wanted. I know of those being done right now, in fact, though I'm not doing one myself.
The ,45 slide can also be used for ,400 Corbon, IIRC.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.