Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Wyoelk: That story reminds me of the countless incidents of men exposing themselves to women (and sadly sometimes children!) I responded to and investigated in 29 years of LEO work.
I caught a lot of these weirdos (we, on the job, called these perverts "Lilly Wavers" - no offense slumload!) and could never get a handle on "what was wrong with those men"!
If you are asking me what is wrong with them (the Lilly Wavers) I honestly don't know what is wrong with them, or what motivates them?
If you are asking what is wrong with the boyfriend who did not confront, accost or pummel the pervert in question then if he was in the immediate vicinity then that is inexcusable and a shortcoming on the boyfriends part.

I'll make this one quick.

My patrol partner and I were dispatched to a small business in Seattle where a woman was exposed to by a Lilly Waver outside her office window. He did not just wave his lilly at her he whacked off a batch leaving "evidence" on her window!
She was alone in her office at the time and also ran and locked herself in the bathroom.
The victim was a VERY lovely young woman and was somewhat "traumatized" by the incident.
Couple of weeks go by and it happens again!
We respond and get a vehicle description and license plate from a witness and catch the perv an hour later and arrest him.
Comes time to go to court afew months later and I am parking in the court police garage and who do I see getting out of my partners private car but the "victim" and my partner!
Unbeknownst to me they had "hit it off".
Months later my partner and the "victim" ran off to Las Vegas and got married - they are married to this day!
40+ year marriage thanks to a pervert - who'd have thunk it?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I respect law enforcement but this is an easily solved problem that doesn’t require the above. A single 2x4 and about thirty minutes would result in all the rehab needed.