We’ve been after a cull behind the house and yesterday evening he finally came out in the daylight when we was there.
I have a shoothouse setup but by the time I got home from work there was already a few does mingling around so we elected to setup in my shop which I have a shooting bench setup in. You can see almost everything out of shop you can the shoothouse but the kids prefer to go to the shoothouse.
Anyways a couple minutes after 5 I noticed a big bodied deer appear on the back corner and after confirming it was our target.
She was setup on sandbags on the bench and the shot was 402 yards. I was watching through spotter and felt confident she made a good shot. She said dad let’s go get him as soon as she shot and was very confident.
When we got out there the deer was about 50 yards from where she shot and a perfect right behind the shoulder double lung shot.
This may not sound like much to some but ol papa is pretty proud of the hard work she has put in shooting the 260 Rayhill rocket with a 156 eol Berger. She has practiced a lot of the bench and prone with the rifle and not short of confidence. Several times grown men have been here and missed the plate at 362 and she tells them to move out of the way I’ll show you.
Of course it’s given us a lot of quality time together and I would not take anything for that.
402 YARDS WITH TOTAL CONFIDENCE AT AGE 6. Only a five point but a target buck that weighed in at 186.6lbs. Not much on aging by teeth but pretty sure he’s 5 as I’ve been getting his picture for several years That’s my girl
Will get buddy to post pictures

Last edited by NMSSHOOTER; 12/22/21.

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten