Originally Posted by gnoahhh
A pound of Bullseye or Hodgdon Clays will go a loooooong way further than a pound of TB. Just saying. If you charge your cases separately and let them standing in a loading block for inspection you should never generate a double or triple charge. (I use a small flashlight and go up and down the rows, and then repeat a second time. It's one facet of handloading that one must be completely anal about.)

As popular as it is, I've never had much luck with Bullseye for accuracy, Clays has been a good shooter for me in the past, though. A#2 has fit the bill for me as a mild pistol load powder several times, as well.

I actually just ordered a can of Nitro100NF yesterday to play around with. I've never messed with it, but it's cheap, and there's loads listed for a lot of cartridges I shoot with cast, so I figured what the hay.

I ordered some HS-6, to try for some snortier 45 loads in that 1873 repro, too. I could have sworn I had some, but I either used it all, or gave it away, because it wasn't in my powder stash. Leaning toward gave it away, because I don't recall using it much. A#5 is my usual go to for that puropose, but this rifle didn't like it or 231 at all.