Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
H335 works, but generally better for lighter bullets. I do agree with you about having to weigh every charge though. That is a huge pet peeve of mine when dealing with the little 223 rem cartridge. My favorite powder is AR Comp, however there are many powders you can use without having to weigh each charge. X-terminator works well with heavy bullets. TAC, RL15, BLC2, AA2015, AA2520, AA LT30 and AA LT32 powder also works well. IMR4198 works well, as does newer powders like CFE223 and IMR8208XBR. Many of these powders I have listed do not require you to have to "weight" each charge. Just dump from a good powder measure and go. I use a RCBS uni flow and it handles all of these powders with ease. I can charge and load 300 rounds per hour this way and attain sub moa accuracy in my AR15's and bolt action 223 rifles. 748? I've never used...

I have used 748 and it works well with what few heavy bullets (68 grain Hornady's) I load but I seem to get better accuracy from Benchmark. Unfortunately, I have several pounds of 748 but very little Benchmark. I guess I need to play with it some more to see if I can find that sweet spot. 748 does flow well from an RCBS powder measure.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.