Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Yes, and no. A hunting license is an administrative thing. I believe that when you get a hunting license, in some places you give implied consent for certain things that would otherwise require warrants. The penalties being administrative and civil and not criminal.

This. Hunting is not a “right”. It’s a privilege and to get that privilege you agree to relinquish certain rights for administrative purposes.

In my line of work I don’t need a search warrant to search a doctor’s office for records - if I’ve been duly appointed to investigate. It’s not a random thing. But doctors (and lawyers etc) agree to this as a condition of being granted the privilege to practice.

What are you talking about? I haven't bought a hunting license in years, but limit out on bucks. Please tell me what implied consent I have allowed

Do you have a hunting license to hunt game in your state? Doesn’t matter if you paid for it, if you’re licensed to hunt you follow the rules, which include giving up administrative rights.

And, if you’re hunting particular species without a license, you’re poaching.

ETA “limit out” means you’re following the hunting rules. But a game warden can still check to make you haven’t taken more.

No license required to hunt your property.