Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by ClayBelt
You can't build cheap. You have to have the biggest names. ETc...

LMAO.

While I would part together a better gun if my life relied on it, most of the times the cheaper stuff is just fine for fun. And truth be told lots of what you pay for is profit. Lots of parts are made by some of the single big companies, bought in bulk and sold under various names...

2-3 moa with good ammo takes the cheapest barrel you can buy basically.
2-3 MOA with ball bulk ammo, the best barrel might not make it consistently.

bear creek uppers. Under 300 on Black Friday. Just shot mine. Looks like it will hold MOA basically pretty easily with the right ammo. PSA nothing wrong with either.

Odds are there will be lots of cheap bulk run through this, like most of my guns. Bear creek I’m a little leery of, heard the machine work on their barrels isn’t all that. PSA and Aero are both on my radar, I’ll check out and see if I can find one of those Model 1 somewhere

So far a sample of 5 folks with bear creek all show with reloads around MOA. I don't think they are any worse than the other lower end places personally so far.
Faxon sold us a skinny barrel years ago that was pretty much MOA with reloads too.

Accuracy with ball ammo says usually not much more than what the ammo is.

I guess he will keep us posted. He says he paid $180.00 for a used upper with BCG. One of my buddies offered me a complete flat top upper with old Bushmaster 20" HBAR with A2 fsp for $350.00. Says it shoots great too. Another buddy bought an old/but like new complete A2 national match Bushy upper for $200.00 a few years ago. So my question: does a person buy a used el cheapo, or go with a more proven upper for just a little more money? Also, my buddies national match loves 62gr green tip ammo, but doesn't like 55gr ball. I don't know of too many rifles that do like ball ammo. Expectations shouldn't be too high there.

62 is ball also, but sometimes shoots a bit better. Especially if you weight sort the 62s if loading em. Big PITA. before we did that we just bought thousands of 60 flat base HP instead.

That said ball is often 3 moa and thats what he was sort of after. Thats out of just rack military guns. So its not going to be hard to get where he wants to go typically.

I agree rost. One of the reasons I brought up the 62gr green tips as well. It is ball, but seems to be just a bit better in some rifles than the 55's.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA