Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
Originally Posted by blackpowder62
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
Now that I see how the 90 of FFFg shoots, I'm going to do some "long range" with it to see how it does. Headed back to Newfoundland in September. I'm guessing the two loads shoot fairly close. Shot the FFg load to 200 prior to the last trip, was easily "point of moose".

What outfitter are you going with? Mine wasn't very accepting of the flintlock.

Hunting with Red Indian Lake Outfitters. Be my 3rd trip with them, second time taking the flintlock. My guide was a little anxious till I shot it at 100 and 200 yards for him. Told him 150 was my max. Also had my Dad along as it was 2:1, he was carrying my 300 RUM.

My first trip up, I had called the outfitter twice to make sure my flintlock was ok, no problem he says. Fly into camp and the guide was not happy. Succes rate is everything to them up there and anything that may interfere with that isn't good. That was all I took. Told him I was prepared to shoot 200 yards. Third morning right at daylight I passed on one at 190, just couldn't see well enough. To say he was "unhappy" is an understatement! Told him I was done for the day and headed back to camp. He tried to get me out in the afternoon and told him no, I needed to sort things out. Borrowed my buddies extra 06 he had along and shot one the next day. The next several days we got it all sorted out, and taking the flint next time will not be a problem. Those boys up there are serious about getting you a moose, at least the outfitter we hunt with are.