Having run "Shooter" for 13+ years I finally made the switch to a Kestrel 5700 Elite last Summer. As the months have gone by i've gotten more and more comfortable with it. I have an NRL22X match the 22nd of this month where we'll be shooting our 22LR's out to 400+ yds to include steep down ward angles off a bluff not too far from the main entrance of Zion's NP. I decided it was time to get my new lot of Lapua Center X dialed in. 50 yd zero all while running the Labradar. I'd already been playing with the velocities and BC; locking 1040 fps and .150 BC into the Kestrel. I then proceeded to shoot 100 and 200 yd 10-shot groups. I needed to tweak my BC to .155 to get solid hits on paper. I then moved to 316 yds , dialing up 49.50 moa, and shot the best 10-shot I could. The group was 4.25" or 1.25 moa low. I moved into the DSF portion of the Kestrel and adjusted the MOA up 1.25 MOA to 50.75 MOA. Shot another 10-shot group which pretty much centered my group right where it needed to be.

To continue to true up the DSF I need to, as I understand it, continue to shoot groups out to what I believe would be my farthest yardage, in about 50 yd increments; 350, 700, 450 and maybe 500 yds. I think if I run a DSF closer than then it will omit the farther yardages.

Sound about right?

Alan