Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
SeanD;

I'm running the factory headlights in my 2013 Jeep Rubicon.

Thinking I should have my lenses polished out, and have a pr. of Sylvania Silver Star bulbs installed.

Virgil B.
It's an easy DIY job. Any parts store will have a buffer pad that fits in an electric drill. Use 2000 to 3000 grit wet/dry sandpaper and wet sand them good by hand, then buff them. In 30 min you can do a fairly good job.
That said, once the outer coating is sanded off, they won't stay clear. It won't be long before you have to do it again. You can get coatings to wipe on that will help keep them shiny but that won't last all that long. The only real long term fix is new lenses.

As to the new lense deal don't cheap out with some of these aftearket lenses.

Go back with factory lenses. The aftermarket stuff will let moisture in within 3 years if not sooner.

Yeah they look neat but from what I have seen on loads of kids/younger crowd replacing factory stuff to look cool they aren't built with any quality, price reflects that. Most have moisture in them rather quickly.

I just redid my 08 GMC and put all new rear lenses on the truck, factory GM that set me back a few penny's but hopefully they give me 10+ years of service.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!