If I am understanding the confusing bureaucratic language, the Jan. 12 meeting is about whether to add Covid to the diseases that allow WA State to arrest, detain, quarantine etc. etc. The detainment law is on the books, as others have said, but at present Covid is not explicitly included as one of the diseases state authorities can sic cops on. If my take is wrong, correct me as I am still researching.

Re the enforcement side of this law:

Sheriffs are elected and many will not comply. The sheriff in our western county told the top county health officer, and the public, that he would not enforce her county health mandates and rules.

Non sherriff LEO's: A relative of mine lost his law enforcement job because he would not be vaccinated. He already had Covid, tested as having very strong immunity and was taking a test each week but they fired him. He stayed courteous but would not budge. He confirmed that authorities are using Covid to weed out “stubborn” law enforcement personnel who cannot be relied upon to obey any order to violate individual civil rights. He said that “stubborn” is the buzz word label regarding LEO’s who question Covid rules, and said that the open policy of some departments is to weed out such “stubborn” officers.

So first they get rid of cops who will not blindly enforce police state laws, and then spring the laws on us.