Well I'm in my sixty's now, and yes I have a Ravin R10 took a 3 1/2 8 pt with it this fall, best buck I saw all year. We have the 3 pt per side rule here too. Got him on my buds land he has some small food plots. But I mostly hunt National forest land. Picking are slim. I used to hunt with long bows than self bows, till I couldn't pull them, then went to wheel bows, than to the cross bow, I'd rather shoot one with the Xbow and kill it than wound one with a compound. Same with guns hunted, with pistols alot, an old 1886 winny till I couldn't see the sight well any more. But still hunt with a scoped lever gun, or a single shot. I hope to put 2-3 deer a year in the freezer as we eat mostly version. 2bucks here and this year 10 does, I was lucky to shoot a small doe in the late season this year, but did it with a rifle made in 1917. But your right all about the score anymore, even the kids just want to shoot a big buck, when I was young it was a thrill to take a doe. And we had to be 14 to hunt deer. lots changed, not for the better.

Last edited by saddlering; 01/10/22.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!