Originally Posted by CashisKing
Gentlemen...

Thank you most kindly. The Campfire is always an amazing resource for advice on various things.

The Billy Goat walk behind or various self propelled models never even occurred to me. Not what I need on this project or property, but I can really see a use for many.

I had heard of RedMax, Echo and Husky, but had no experience. No one recommended the Makita 76cc Four stroke.

Thanks for the intel.

Originally Posted by bamagun01
The Echo PB 9010T is the most powerful blower on the market for now. I run two of them and have one of the Stihl 800 blowers. The Stihl is only a backup. No comparison in the power. The Stihl feels like a hand blower after using the Echo.

That is where I am leaning.

I like Stilh and having matching parts ((?)... air filters and plugs at least) has a small piece of logic.

"No comparison in the power"... I like that... I'll study the Echo some more.

We use / have all of the Stihl trimmers, edgers, kombi units and blowers. All work but we are changing over to all Echo equipment as soon as warranties run out of the Stihl equipment. We have had zero issues with Echo and already replaced two Stihl trimmer motors and a carburetor on an edger. Our Stihl 800 backpack blower is a “side pull “ that I hate! I prefer the standard pull start on a backpack blower. I don’t have good tricep strength in my left arm so it’s pretty much useless too me. JMO

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB