Originally Posted by Lonster
Any of y’all hunt from a ground blind? I’ve deer hunted since 1985 and never hunted from a ground blind until last year, twice.
This year, the week before Christmas, I purchased one to hunt from with my wife. So far we have each killed a buck from it.
This is my wife with an 8 point that she killed from the blind. The deer is laying right where she shot it and the blind is in the background to the left of her.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Congrats. Well done. I often find the need for camo sitting in blind is pretty low on the list. But seeing as how I rarely even wear camo anymore even when just sitting out against a bush or laying on the ground I'd have that opinion. LOL.

Had deer walk by no camo a few weeks back, Less than 15 steps from em while I was trying to get a good angle for the Glock. That failed. They milled but when for some reason one spooked and they came running one almost stepped on my before she realized I likely didn't belong. Probably because I was again trying to get a good clear shot with the Glock.

Ground you have to pay attention to wind. But exactly the same in the air. And as far as that goes morning and evening scent is usually headed down to the ground anyway regardless of wind the elevation never helps there.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....