Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I'd be tempted by the snubby version. I'd think of it mainly as a five shot .44 Special. Naturally, I'd have the key lock deactivated.

But then I already have a revolver that fills that role, the Charger Arms Bulldog .44, and no key lock to deactivate.

[Linked Image]

I'm curious about something: why would you want to "deactivate" the lock? As long as you do not insert the special key and lock the action, it does nothing to interfere with the operation of the weapon. It cannot accidentally lock itself, so why bother with it? Serious question. I don't understand. I have one and have never activated the lock and have no desire to do so. I don't know how many .44 Mag, .44 Spl, and .44 Russian rounds I have fired through it, but I would say that 3,500 - 4,000 or so would be about right with no issues whatsoever with the lock. I just ignore it. Do you know of any documented cases of them self-locking?

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."