Shaman

As you are aware, you basically got a heavy 12 gauge shotgun. Buckshot ( if legal in you area) is another good option.

Wadding. Plenty of ML fiber and card wads available out there. I generally use yellow jacket or red wasp nest. It doesn’t readily burn. So you’re not apt to start a forest fire.

Patching. If you go with that .735 ball your patching might need to be a bit on the thin side. Like .010". But nothing says you can’t use a dry ball between wadding. Accuracy will vary. Just have to get out and shoot. Track used to sell their cast ball. And the big ones came like 25 per bag. Might try an assortment of diameters beginning with .680- .690 ish. And go up.

Im sure you already have powder. I would stick to holy black.

If you can get it down the barrel against a wad or charge, it will shoot out. Sometimes you have to be creative. I once had an old northwest trade gun about 20 bore. I had nothing to fit the bore. Loaded about 60 grains of 2 f and 5, .440 dia. Round balls. Killed a doe about 40 yds away and hit her with all 5 ball!

Shot? Well I find equal parts powder to shot is a good place to start. And increase shot a tad. You have a 70 grain measure use same volume of shot to start. Pretty simple. Shoule be a squirrel/ turkey killing machine. I don’t know where to tell you to get some shot.

Its all pretty simple and basic. Don’t be afraid to get creative, but keep it safe! 😉

This should get you started.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS