So after bitching about the cost, I finally joined the PCP club. I bought a Benjamin Marauder in .22 with the Lothar Walther match barrel. It arrived this week and I finally had time to slap a scope on it. Yesterday I was able to launch a few rounds down range to dial in the scope at 40 yards.

A few things were immediately apparent:

1. This rifle is quiet. Even more so than a suppressed .22 bolt gun shooting subsonic.
2. The LW barrel is accurate. 10 shot groups left one ragged hole with the average string at .5" groups. I shot both H&N Terminator Hollowpoint in 16.36gr and Crosman Premier in 14.3 gr. Both were equally accurate with the edge going to Crosman.
3. Based on the pass through on 3/4" plywood, there’s plenty of power. I have not chronoed the two pellets yet but based on YouTube videos, 800 fps seems pretty typical.
4. The Benjamin trigger sucks, but breaks clean enough.

I am filling from a SCUBA tank so pretty simple to recharge. According to most of the reviews it takes 300 - 500 rounds to settle the velocity SD but I really don’t care too much as most of my varmint control will be within 50 yards. A half inch kills pretty much anything.

Once the squirrel and chipmunk eradication is complete, I will mount a thermal scope for some rabbit control. That should be fun.

Anyhow, I am sold. PCP is sweet and I won't have to clean my suppressor as much. We have snow on the ground so the squirrels will be out - trigger time.

Last edited by STRSWilson; 01/16/22.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum