Originally Posted by bigtex46
I've been considering these scopes for a while. What are your thoughts on it? Glass clear? Adjustments seem good?

I've not spent a lot of time with them but I'll make a few notes.

It is light...very light.

Glass isn't bad but it's not "alpha" by any means but it's certainly usable. I really like it in the mid-ranges from 5-6x.

When initially using the first one above 8x I needed to refocus a bit. After playing with it I found a happy medium on the focus that works for me from 2.5-10 well enough. I had to play with it a bit to find that spot though...a fair amount of back and forth across powers and focus settings. At the highest power it's a small exit pupil so that has to be considered.

I prefer FFP reticles but on a 10x max the SFP reticle is usable if the trade offs are understood. It's actually a good hunting reticle.

Adjustments were spot on. This is the second one I sighted in and both adjusted perfectly. I didn't do any dialing other than sighting in with either of them.

I'll note that the first one I had chit the bed. Sighted in on a light recoiling rifle and adjustments were perfect. 3rd shot of a group to verify the final zero and the reticle turned sideways and it looked like there was a spider web when looking through the scope. Sent it back to SWFA and they sent this one as a replacement.