I was watching some prices on Guns International for rifles offered by various Cabela's Gun Libraries around the country. It's been a few years so I forget the exact time period (a month, maybe?) but if a firearm didn't sell within that time frame they'd lower the price by 9 or 10%. Then if it still didn't sell they'd lower it by another 9-10% and so on.

Watched an 1885 Traditional Hunter for a while, called the store where it was located and asked that it be sent to the local Cabela's, so it cost me $25 basically for the right to look at it. When it got there I said I'd been watching it, it hadn't sold for X amount of time, so offered them 10% less than the last listed price at the other store. The guy looked at something on his computer - most likely its price history and length of time for sale - and said okay, no problem.

'Course, that was 3-4 years ago, Bass Pro probably f'ed up that paradigm. Went into the local gun library last week and it was pathetic, they had maybe 1/10 the amount of firearms they used to display and most of those were black shotguns or rifles with a few scraggly semi-auto pistols. Shame, that, I'd bought three or four guns from them at very reasonable prices over the last several years.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!