Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Interestingly enough, this rifle used to wear a VX3 2.5-8 on Leupold mounts. I took that scope off and put it on my sons rifle and my intent was to put this Nightforce on the .375. I never liked the Leupold mounts to begin with, but I bought the gun used that way. I'd love to use Talley steel bases and screw lock rings, but I don't see that working, as shown with the QD rings pictured above. This scope is just a hair shorter tubed than the Leupold. BSA17, thanks for that pic. No ejection issues? I cant see the other side, is that a Classic or push feed action?

No problem buddy. That is actually a 300wsm, so it is a short action. Not that it would make a difference, as winchester does a good job at ejecting empties. Unlike some others (Sako for example). It is a CRF action. In actuality, it is an FN PBR XP, but the rifle started out as a classic action model 70. I wish I had a pic of the other side. This is about as good as I can do:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The scope in this pic has a 40mm objective and is different than the first pic I posted. The rail is a 1913 mil spec and the rings I used were the Burris XTR on the 40mm objective and in the other pic I used TPS rings with the Nikon monarch X 4-16x50. Those rings are more streamlined and very robust and also made of steel. I believe.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA