Unit 7 has a lot of good cow elk hunts.. My college roommate and I hunted there several times. In late season cows can be in large herds and tough to approach. For the price of some of these hunts, I couldn't knock my truck around haul an atv and pay for the gas. I really feel they are a good buy. Especially if you haven't hunted elk before, it is not as simple as finding blm hauling a sled out and shooting a cow. Imagin if you will 16 degrees and putting you hands in the elk carcass and doing this in a 20 mile an hour wind. I have done a couple guided cow hunts, and if I continue to fool with elk hunting, I will do some more. Also conditions can change so quickly. For years north if town there were large herds of elk visible from the road. Getting on them was the hard part but you could see them. I shot several there. This year, those herds are gone. They learned at the first shots to head for the river and safety on a large private ranch.

In addition on another mountain there are usually lots of elk. Put in you days and you will succeed. They too are gone. Why, local theory is wolves moved into the area and the elk left. Just some ideas. Good luck.

Molon Labe