Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Or grow a pair, man up and accept the challenge of using a front stuffer...
..."Really? I thought you liked the challenge?"

Originally Posted by JPro
Honestly, I could give a rip about the challenge. Lol. My stainless Whelen CVA puts meat in the freezer, rain or shine. Last weekend of “Primitive” here. Gonna try to stab something with an Accubond.

Most guys are just like JPro, they don't give a rip about the challenge of hunting with a muzzleloader, they just want a longer hunting season. I killed a bunch of deer with a muzzleloader I built from a kit when I was 12 years old. When they legalized inline muzzleloaders I bought one because it worked better and was legal. When they legalized the handi rifle in 35 Whelen I bought one of them. Now you don't even have to use a muzzleloader if you're hunting on private land during the primitive weapon season, just use your regular rifle so that's what I do.

I get that some guys want to dress in buckskins and do the whole longrifle thing, but most guys just want to hunt longer with the most effective thing they can legally use. Nostalgia and the challenge never figured into it, just a longer hunting season.

Yes, I don’t write the laws or make the rules, but I do abide by them. And “primitive” is a pretty slippery slope. How far back does someone want to go?

Al

Spend your life wisely.