Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by Swifty52
I got rid of cd decks a long time ago. iPods or MP3 players work much better.

Convenient, but with a loss of fidelity, if that matters anymore to anyone.

OP, look at Pioneer or Denon decks, even Sony. Also, Marantz, Cambridge & Technics are solid as well. Just depends on how much you want to pay................all the above are better than good, depending on the model that might suit you. $500-600 will get you a quality unit, but many good ones for both less or more.

Not much sense in getting one that is beyond the capability of your amp or speakers though.

Odd that the OP's Bose didn't last, twice...................I have a 20+ year old Nakamichi that works today like the day that I bought it.

MM

Interesting seeings how when ITunes records a CD it samples at 44,100 the exact same rate the cd was recorded at. Using Audacity your music files can be sampled at up to 192khz although 99% of the CD players or iPods will then convert it back to 44.1 kHz or it just won’t play as the sample rate is too large, plus your files will be larger and the only thing a higher sample rate does is capture frequencies over 22 kHz without clipping. At the sample rate and playback rate of 44.1 without loss of fidelity or dynamics.

I was mainly referring to downloaded torrent music or music converted from a Youtube video to MP3 format through conversion software.

Recording directly from the a CD is obviously better.

MM