Quite awhile back I posted a thread about wanting a buffalo hunt.. This past fall I had a lot of health problems and decided I really could not do it, as they would gut/skin and quarter one and put it in my truck. I had someone to put it in a cooler and age it, but then the processing was more than I could handle.

I figured I have shot enough big game, that I really didn't need to kill anything else. I did not want the hide and head as I had no place to put it. So I bought one. The ranch delivered it to a processor, that cut, vacuum wrapped, and froze it and. The ranch picked it up where I could go back to the ranch and pick it up.

Live weight on a 2 year old cow as about 1000pounds, hanging weight was 560 pounds and I received about 350 ponds of bone in meat which is what the ranch told me I would get yield wise.

I want to give a big shout out to Prairie Ridge Buffalo ranch near Limon, Colorado.Good people to work with and they did everything they promised.

My 22 cubic foot freezer is almost full and meat is delicious. The buffalo was finished out on sunflower seeds and grain

I might be able to do some eastern CO deer or antelope hunts, but my elk hunting might be done I think. I will put in for ML cow tag and see how summer treats me.As it is I have more than enough meat for 3+ years.

Last edited by saddlesore; 01/23/22.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles