Originally Posted by iskra
Well, I'm more than a bit shocked! Primarily in context of members here willing to venture opinions with so little info afforded. My MO of decades as buyer, is the assumption that sellers with rifle in hand, time and opportunity to investigate it. Empowered capability to do a self-interest 'credible' job of describing it for sale. Where no pix and substantial information voids as per the O/Ps description related here, Red flags fluttering 2iw3wand move on! A huge buyer beware

Low price ONE attractive element. But here hardly an element on which to 'ping' in exclusion of all the other info voids! I'd tend to fill in obvious relevant blanks with least attractive contingencies conjurable!
For instance some of the Chinese Arsenal 98 actions. The single specimen I posses acquired for peanuts to harvest a decent commercial Oberndorf Mauser bolt reflecting pear shaped bolt handle. I wouldn't even want to sell this to anyone. That as viewing such a specimen, further conjuring which end of the rifle most lethal!

The fact of a Timney barrel, "brand ID recognition, only recommendation as seller flushing out balance of relevant information. (I don't even see the chambering/twist rate listed!) All sorts of "horror guns" that novices occasionally present for evaluation in Forums. As evaluating, some discomfort balancing often new owner hopeful expectations. Set against the horror stories. What to say, how frank an assessment to offer?

The instant matter, my 'eval' as hazarding lottery ticket odds against achieving best "win" scenario as avoiding any horror story scenario among prospective outcomes!

Finally... Excuse me guys, no intent to demean, but the generic term "mauser" and some components to be perhaps recommended by brand, here yet 'hovering' perspective of Franken-gun potential. Hardly to recommend mediocre win against great odds! against substantial odds!

I remain completely skeptical concerning many of the responses.
Just my necessarily frank "take"!
Best!
John

My frank "take" ? I think you like to hear yourself talk. Do you know more about the rifle than the buyer does ?

https://www.thoughtco.com/what-is-bloviation-1689029

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB