Totally new to BPCR, never loaded anything black powder. I do reload smokeless rifle, pistol and shotgun ammo, a lot of it. I shoot Cowboy Action and a group around here has started a cowboy long range match once a month and I wanted to get involved. I have shot a 45-70 in the past in a trap door and while it was ok, it wasn't really pleasurable to shoot. I have wanted a Sharps for a while but was just casually looking. A C. Sharps popped up on the SASS wire forum over the weekend in 38-55 in really nice shape and it came with dies, brass, bullets and bullet mold. If you want to see the rifle there are pics on the listing in the SASS wire classified section.
So now where do I start? How difficult is it to clean the rifle after shooting? What is the cleaning process? What do I use to clean it? The previous owner never shot it with black powder, just smokeless. What powder should I use? What grain weight bullet?
Sorry for all the questions but they are probably just the tip of the iceberg. Thanks for the help.