the method I described on how I do annealing with my brass's neck EVERY reload....

much of all my brass are broken into lots of 10 for range and field work... varmints, target shooting, load testing etc.

I have lots of brass of 10 count, that I have reloaded up to 50 times and counting with ZERO neck splits..
SO... it seems to work....

I appreciate MR. Camuglia taking the time to post his explanation, and I respect the information put forth...

however the way I've been doing it is rather simpler, and the results I am getting evidently seem to get the job done.

One group of 10 pieces in a lot group, in 223... have been reloaded 110 times now in testing it...Range pick up brass, Remington Head Stamp...
out of a group of 10, in that many reloadings, there has been 3 casualties in that lot #.... each were operator error at the reload bench, with the press or die...

nothing to do with the annealing method...

bottom line, there is more than one way to skin a cat....

I have played with annealing brass, and drop into a small galvinized bucket and put it in the freezer to cool off for 30 minutes, while doing something else...
that had the same results as just letting it air cool...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez