Mark V? Vanguard? Other? Which model(s)?

Each of these calibers have peaked my interest as of late and I am debating picking both calibers up in the future if funds become available. I figured I’d seek advice and feedback here.

They would be used for hunting mostly, the occasional varmint / target (not saying they would be used often for this, but being honest they would make an appearance in the groundhog fields and steel target fields at some point), and as a group of us continue to discuss future hunts - will likely be used in the mountains out west and up north (some day, Alaska, some day).

I’ll be completely honest and say I do not “need” either; however, I enjoy handloading, experimenting with new cartridges, and enjoy variety. While I’m not actively looking for a new hunting rifle, I can say the local LGSs seem to have a fair amount of WBYs in stock. If a deal presents itself, I’d gladly jump if life allowed it.

Reasons behind these two specific cartridges:
- A recent conversation with some folks got me discussing the 8mm Rem Mag likely being my favorite cartridge - they countered with, “have you tried a 340WBY?”
- For some reason, I have 257WBY brass. I also don’t own a quarter bore.

So what say y’all? Which rifle and models would ya suggest? (Not looking for a compare between the two, but rather, what platform The Fire suggests for each caliber.)