This past deer season was by far the weirdest that I've ever experienced. I. Sure it was a combination of hot weather, an enough acorns that you couldn't comfortably walk I'm any patch of hardwoods in middle tennessee. I saw the usual doe groups that call my property home, but bucks were few and far between.

We are surrounded by ag land, and usually starting in October we have new bucks show up, and we will continue to see new buck on cam all the way through February. This year was completely different. We started the year off with the usual batch of 1.5 yrOlds, 1 2.5 yr old 8, 1 3.5 yr old 115" 8 pt., and a 6.5 yr old 6 pt that had pedicle damage since he was 2.5. Other than that, we had 2 other older bucks show up all season. 1 3.5, and 1 4.5. With nothing else on the menu I decided to devote my season to the 6 pt. I've let this deer walk the last 2 years for no reason other than I had bigger deer to spend my time on. He usually disappeared in November to return in late Dec, but this year he was a homebody all season. It still took me until Dec. 22 to catch up to him.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Ended up killing 4 does as well to fill the freezer.

Last edited by Rockhound; 02/04/22.