Not really. Just clickbait. Actually this is the opposite. Optimism, and rambling thoughts.

The MK5 has a great reputation with lots of feedback, none of it negative, which is a rarity for any scope of any brand. The specs are ALMOST perfect for a medium range hunting rifle with one huge problem for a hunter; 34 mm tube. There's no way to run a 34mm without a raised cheek. The lowest available rings are .856.

Still in search for the perfect "medium" range hunting scope. So far the original Bushy LRHS 3-12x44 is the closest thing to it (for me). If the MK5 3-18x44 were a 30 MM tube I'd be all over it. Not only would a 30mm mount lower, but the weight would be reduced a few more ounces making it one of the lightest, if not the lightest, scopes with a universal reputation for durability (so far). Also would prefer a 4x erector, 4-16. They're just easier to get right. Thats not a deal breaker, and all reports are that the 6x in the MK5 is not bad.

As it stands, the quest for more scope options for a medium range rig continues. By medium range I mean 600-700 yards.